Tuesday, May 15, 2007

May 11 Ultrasound Pic!

Here's our little girl! This past Friday the pictures were better, but she was being quite a pain.

At this stage in the pregnancy, when they do an ultrasound they have to see her "practice breathe" for 30 seconds. She's obviously not breathing breathing, since she's lazing around in fluid! It's the way that her body prepares for life on the outside.

Once the technician started to look for her breathing, she went to sleep. The three of us (Anny, the tech and I) were pushing on the belly trying to wake her back up. Nothing. Ten minutes with the probe on Anny's belly. Nothing.

When the doctor came in to take a look, and she immediately woke up and started her practice breathing. Already a smarty pants.

Everything looks really good!

Last night we registered for our hospital stay! We didn't make a reservation or anything, but this way I don't have to deal with paperwork when she is in labor and yelling at me! It's actually a pretty cool thing to be able to do in advance. Whenever I have had surgery I've wasted so much time filling out paperwork or waiting for someone to finish typing stuff as I'm saying it. "NO. 60th PLACE, not ROAD!"

On to another topic: I need something from you all, but you can't post it as a comment here. I want to have a bunch of good, lame, funny, et cetera jokes to have ready to go while Anny is laboring. Don't post them here, because she reads here. Send them along to me at Abby's email address, which Anny does not check! (abigailmonroe@gmail.com) Let's leave the gross ones out.

My plan is to write them down on 3x5 cards and just pull them out from time to time. Steph - you said that Ben had a really good one to share. Please send that one along!

1 comment:

Sarahlynn said...

It's not a joke or story, but those little massager things from Walgreens that you and Paul picked up at Christmas felt AMAZING on my lower back while I was having contractions.

Good luck to you!