Friday, May 18, 2007

Baby Class Six: Last One!

Last night we got to learn the "Baby Care" part of the Birth and Baby Care class. It was much more upbeat and everyone was much more talkative. In other words, I got to make jokes for everyone, not just Anny.

Some things I learned last night:
Wipe front to back. Not being a girl myself, this is helpful and new info to know!
No alcohol on the umbilical stump. It will fall off on it's own.
No sunscreen for the first six months. That will make our secret trip tricky this summer.
Babies sleep for 14 hours a day and poop four times. I'm jealous on both accounts.
NO baby powder. I have always thought that baby powder is for babies. Apparently it can be inhaled and cause some sort of respiratory infections.

We did get to practice putting diapers onto the very rigid mannequins. We also practiced swaddling them. (wrapping the baby securely in a blanket)

So, with our certificate in hand we're ready to have this baby. That's all it takes, right?

I think we'll have a lot of learning on the job.......

2 comments:

sbsterling said...

Remember... dudu for swaddling... down up down up.

Our New Baby said...

Congrads that the baby classes are now complete. Do you have and tips for me? How are things going. Take care and thank you for the post on our blog!