Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Three B's

Tonight we start our Birth, Baby and Breastfeeding Class at the hospital. Not really at OUR hospital, because they did not get enough people to take the class at our hospital. Luckily there are a few hospitals in the system over at Adventist Health Care, so we can take the class at one, and just do a tour at the other to orient ourselves.

"Bring a blanket and pillows tomorrow night. We will be doing some 'floor work'" was the message that we got yesterday!

Another tick off of the put-off-my-projects clock. There are some things that remind me that I have a TON to get done:
  • Feeling how strong her kicks are. Absolutely amazing.
  • Looking at a calendar at work that has bright green highlighter on our due date.
  • Dinner with our best-of-friends who are due literally ANY day now.
  • Spring Break has passed for Anny, so the countdown to end-of-school has begun.
  • Starting the six week class that ends less than four before our due date.
So - there is still a lot to get done, and a little time to do it all. I have come to understand that "Due Date" means nothing. I need to not schedule things up until that date, but am also aware that it could go longer.

I secretly wish for a shorter timeframe for Anny's sake. I also secretly wish for a longer timeframe for the sake of getting things around the house done.

As tonight will probably be awkward, I'm sure that I'll have a good story or two tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also learning that due dates don't mean much. My sister's due date is a month from now, but she's spent the last couple of days at the hospital, dialted to 7 cm. But then she stopped. And they sent her home today. Soooo.... we're not really sure what's going on. But I think this is a STRONG sign that I need to be ready to go at 36 weeks! I'll write up the Griswold Family Birth Story soon...

sbsterling said...

Our class was worthless... except for the tour and the part that prepared you for the epidural. Of course, I blew both of those parts off and probably shouldn't have done that.