Friday, April 13, 2007

No Three B's for Us!

Turns out that the "Three B's" from yesterday is not the same Three B's that we signed up for! Since we're taking the class at the other hospital, we learned last night that there will be no Breastfeeding piece to our program. Oh well.

We also found out last night that the class starts a half hour later at Shady Grove than at Washington, so we were there REALLY early. I volunteered to cut out name tags to pass the time, but really should have taken a nap. We didn't end until a little after 9:30, so we didn't get home until well after 10.

Last night we did some getting-to-know-you stuff, some anatomy, watched a video (but not the gory one that I assume we'll see) and practiced some relaxation stuff. It was really hard to stay awake during the relaxation stuff! (I can say the same for Anny, too!)

Noting that this is only our first class, I had a observation. Birth classes might need to be updated now that there is SO much info you can get from the web. I've heard from two other couples that the class was useless. One of them got some baby-buddies from it, though. Since we're going out to Rockville for ours, I just don't see that happening very easily, but it might. I'm always optimistic that I'll make new friends!

It's a six week class, so there will be lots to hear from us for a while. I think that Anny goes back to her regular doc next week, so there will be an update then too!

1 comment:

Sarahlynn said...

I highly recommend a breastfeeding class, if you can find one. I found that very valuable, and whole-heartedly agree with the sentiment that dad's support is integral to the process.

One of the most valuable things about the hospital childbirth prep classes we took while I was pregnant with Ellie was the fact that we *did* know a lot of the stuff already, which made me feel even more prepared/ready. So they calmed me down!