Friday, April 20, 2007

Baby Class Number 2, Bi-Weekly Doc Visit

In several different contexts last night we heard "just wait until class 4." Apparently that's when we get to see the C-Section video. I'll sit as far from the tv as I can. In the meantime....

Last night was a good class. Anny had a chance to nap prior to dinner, so she was less grumpy than last week! We also did the relaxation stuff during the middle part of the class, rather than right at the end, so I think that helped too.

Last night was mostly anatomy, with a little car-seat-safety tossed in at the end. We got to see just how big 10 cm is, and I hope that Anny has not gotten too worried about that part. Places to have your water break was also discussed, but I will not share that in this public forum.

The class lost one couple because they had their baby, and another couple has joined us. The room does not look all that full until all of the pregnant ladies are laying on the floor practicing relaxation. They get to lay down and tense up, then release. Then tense again, and release. My job? "You're doing really well, honey. You're relaxing better than anyone else here! If it were a competition, you're definately winning!" I guess it worked, because she didn't punch me.

There was a doctor visit on Wednesday to report on, too. Two weeks ago the baby was measuring about a week ahead of "average." Average, of course, is just that. There is no change in the due date. This week the baby is measuring a week and a half ahead. I've told Anny that at this rate it will be several weeks! It's those good Iowa genes from Anny's side of the family!

Everything is going well. Even the growth spurt is nothing of concern. With the nice weather this weekend (into next week) we'll get out there and get some good walking in, which is going to help psyche overall too!

Next week I plan on two big posts:
How do you want to hear about the baby's birth?
Do you have any good jokes for me to tell during labor?
Don't answer these questions now, I'm just writing them down so that I don't forget!

2 comments:

sbsterling said...

Oooh, ooh, I have a good one for c-sections.. Ben told it and no one laughed!

SarahKM126 said...

I'm gonna go with..no jokes. at all.