Friday, June 13, 2008

Birthday Review of The Day

Yesterday was Abby's First Birthday! We played things a little lower key because her party is not until Saturday. We did not do cake, though there is a rumor that mom and dad broke out Samoa's from the freezer after Abby was in bed.

Abby woke up extra early, beating out my pre-planned wake up alarm of the song "It's Your Birthday" by Justin Roberts. (If you have iTunes, you can hear a sample HERE). I had the alarm set about five minutes before our normal alarm. Abby woke up about a half hour early! I still managed to get the iPod going and we sang to her to open her day.

At school they celebrated, too. Anny got to go, but since I left early on Wednesday for the end-o-year party, I didn't hop over. Anyway, Anny said that Abby soaked it all in. Loved the attention and the special party hat. We sent fruit cups and they were a huge hit! One of the babies had never had grapes and she went crazy over them.

Before dinner, Abby "helped" me put together her new Radio Flyer Wagon! By "helped" me I mean that she spun the tires and waved a screwdriver at it. Once it was all put together, she got in and played by herself, opening and closing the seats and playing with the canopy cover, for quite a while. See picture:

From June 2008
For dinner Anny and I had burgers, but Abby had peas, burger and leftover fruit from earlier. Absolute heaven. No, we did not give her a cup cake or any sugary goodness.

Abby went to bed a little late after opening gifts and cards that have arrived already. The big party is Saturday, so I should have some more pictures up soon!

1 comment:

Sarahlynn said...

So sorry that we won't be there for the party! Maybe we'll make ourselves some cake here and eat it in Abby's honor. :)