Saturday, March 22, 2008

Scared of the "New Guy" in the House

Today Anny and I cut my hair while Abby was napping. She went to sleep and daddy had a thick head of hair, woke up to buzzed-down daddy.

When she woked up from her nap, I went to pick her up. She was wailing, not just the normal wimpery cry. I got her to the chair to comfort her a bit, and she wailed even louder. I thought maybe she was wet, but that was not it. She had just eaten before her nap, so hunger was not the issue. Anny came to see if she could be helpful, and Abby got quiet immediately.

She was scared of me. She saw me as a stranger in the house, not to be trusted. Not a good feeling for either of us, I can promise you that. I'm used to hearing her cry, she is a baby after all. That scream of terror, though. Wow.

We calmed her down and within a few minutes she was okay with hbeing around me again. Phew!

For your fun, here is a picture from earlier today. She is playing with a duck that sings about wanting to be the Easter Bunny. It's silly and cute in person. You'll have to settle for a picture!

From March 2008

No comments: