Monday, March 03, 2008

Officially a Crawler!!

It seems that Abby is much more mobile at school than at home. I guess it is to be expected as we don't have much easy-to-crawl space in our living room. We have a 5x7 carpet surrounded by hardwood all the way to the bedrooms. I guess that I have refused to acknowledge that she's been crawling because she has not been doing it at home.

That all changed yesterday before church. I could tell that Abby was getting hungry, so I put her bottle on one end of the carpet and her on the other. I tell you, hunger is the best motivator! She got there in a flash, even while stumbling over her toys to get there.

Once we got to church it was a sealed deal. The nursery is baby friendly, so there is carpet from wall to wall, and more toys than you can imagine. I plopped her on the floor so that she could sit and play. I pushed the toys way out of her reach, and she bolted for them! It was GREAT! By the time Anny came down from her meeting, Abby was all over the place.

(Side note: if you want to play with toys from YOUR childhood, go to a church nursery. They're all in good condition, but about 25 years old! I don't even mean toys like the ones you played with, these are definitely the originals!)

Guess it's time to finish baby proofing the living room and kitchen. The gate to the stairs is up, and that's where my biggest concern has been. Everything else would pale in comparison.

Any advice for a new-crawler?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Wish I could have seen it last night - the grandparents (my folks) were in town this weekend and we just couldn't make it. Congrats to Abby and good luck to y'all!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Abby!