Friday, March 07, 2008

More Crawling = More Crying

As mentioned earlier this week, Abby is officially a crawler. This has brought about some good things, and some things we are learning to deal with, too.

One great thing is that Abby can come to one of us when she wants to be picked up, rather than just sit and whine. If she wants to sit just to whine, that's okay. If she wants to be picked up, she has to make the effort.

We are getting used to more bumps and bruises, and more actual tears. I absolutely love her pouty face, so I'm actually okay with an occasional head knock.

More Photos Here

She learned quickly to be mobile off of the carpet, where the real fun is. She's smashed her face on the floor several times, the TV cabinet once, and got a good one from the changing table on Sunday right before church. Yeah, Anny was already there so I walk in with a baby that looks all abused. Real fun like.

This morning I put her on the kitchen floor so that I could grab her coat. In the two seconds I was in the hall, she took a look around, and somehow picked the dog dish as a target! How do they know immediately where the water (i.e. drowning hazard) and dog food go? I dragged her back to the middle of the floor from there pretty quickly.

No comments: