Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Book Review: The Expectant Father

As most of you know, I am not a book-reader. I read magazines, newspapers, the web news and stories all the time. Because people know that I don't read, I often don't get books or book recommendations from those close to me.

When I got this book, The Expectant Father by Armin Brott and Jennifer Ash, I thought twice. I know enough about pregnancy from reading the web, right? Wrong. This book is so thorough with month-by-month accounts of what Anny is going through, and what the baby is going through, that I feel like I have everything I need to know.

This book is not for folks that already have kids. It really is for guys going through this process for the first time. Each chapter has a different focus, but there is a common thread of themes for each month:
What's Going On with Your Partner
What's Going On with Your Baby
What's Going On with You
Staying Involved

In addition to the month-by-month coverage, there is a lot of information on delivery, including both vaginal delivery and cesarian sections. I feel a lot more comfortable about options and just-in-case scenarios.

I'm going to buy this book for a friend, and would recommend it to anyone looking for laughs and honest writing about the ever evolving process of bringing my baby to this world!

1 comment:

SarahKM126 said...

when my friend dawn was preggers with my goddaughter, kylie, we both read reviving ophelia and ophelia speaks. great books about the self esteem of girls and how to prevent wrong turns. i would suggest reading them. dawn said it definitely woke her up to some issues about young girls. (that's my new crusade...saving the self esteem of the girls in my class.)