Tuesday, April 08, 2008

No Sleep and No TV Make Homer Something Something

Continuing Teething.....

On Sunday night we had one of those nights that we like to pretend never happen. Abby was tired when we got home from a gathering at church, so she ate and went to sleep without much coaxing at all. Even skipped the nightly bath/shower and did not notice.

She slept pretty soundly. Until 2:30 that is. Something happened at 2:30 that triggered play-time in Abby's mind. At first I tried all of the normal stuff: diaper, clean sinuses (Nose Sucking), 6 ounce bottle and rocking. Nothing would work, so I gave up and plopped her on the floor. She very much enjoyed playing on the floor for the next hour and a half!

Last night, though, we had sweet redemption. After going to sleep at an incredibly early 6:30, Abby slept in her crib until about 4:00. She coughed herself awake, so I picked her up and brought her into bed with us. I gave her some water to wet her throat, and she took a few swigs and went back to sleep. Until 5:45!

Here's hoping we get another one of those tonight.....

(For all of you that are mad at me for not posting pictures in April, please accept my apologies. I honestly have not even taken any, which I know makes me a bad dad. Trust me that she is still being cute. The problem is that she's so cute that I tend to play with her instead of make her pose for pictures.....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the second post in two days where you called yourself a bad dad. Quit that! You're amazing and when she is old enough to talk and see how the rest of the world functions, she'll tell you herself

Anonymous said...

Oh yea,
Love Michelle