Friday, September 21, 2007

Sick Baby Update 1

Okay - I'm home with Abby today. She kept down the pedialyte that we gave her through the night. This morning we thought we should give formula a try, and after four ounce of that it came back at us. She's now just doing the fun drink for the next day and a half, no formula for our little one.

You're right, by the way, to think that baby puke on your feet is not the way to start the day. Anny is a trooper, for she was the one holding Abby.

I changed a stinky diaper only to find a robins egg of poop. Yup, first solid poop. (for those of you without kids, first solid poop typically happens after you start feeding them solid foods.) Perfect little egg of poop, but still kind of freaky when I'm used to true baby poo.

Anny headed off to school and Abby and I have been spending time together. Mostly it's been getting her to eat, then encouraging her to sleep. When a baby does not want to sleep, they won't sleep! That meant that we played on the playmat, sat in the bumbo and really just hoped that she would not throw up on me again.

We did have to make a run to Target as I realized that we were running out of the fun drink. She fell asleep in the sling pretty quickly, so a trip for Pedialyte cost me $50 because I made four trips around the store. She was happy and I could walk for a while. Win win.

The only pedialyte that Target had is the "artificially fruit flavored" orange flavor. The only flavors she has ever had are breast milk and formula. She was taken aback by the sweet flavor. She got the hang of it, and is now napping.

She's truly happy through all of this. She smiles and chats while she's awake. We are slated to go out tonight to a viewing (like funeral viewing). If she's still happy when it's time to go, we'll go. If not, we will put in a call to send our condolences this time.

I hear crying. Update later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the sickness! I'm glad she's such a happy baby (how could she not be seeing who her parents are though).
Tell Anny I say hi
~Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hope she's doing much better very soon! And wow on the solid poo!