Monday, September 17, 2007

Mooving On Up!

Abby slept in her own bed the last two nights. We have company coming in October for her baptism and are dutifully getting things in order for that. One necessary thing is to get Abby out of her pack and play, which means moving her into her room.

We were a little nervous - by we I mean Anny - about not hearing her if she screams. We have a monitor by the crib and the receiver is between our pillows while we sleep. It's still very different than when the noise is actually coming from a foot away from the bed!

I think the advantage is that we don't hear each peep, coo or sneeze because she's far enough away from the monitor that they are faint on the receiver. Definately heard her waking up at 5:15 this morning, right on time!

She slept through the night both nights! (Saturday and Sunday nights) Now I'm wondering if I woke her up or if she woke me up at night...

2 comments:

sbsterling said...

Don't worry, I'm deaf as a stone in one ear and I can still hear Chase even if I'm sleeping on my "good" ear AND have forgotten to turn on the monitor AND Ben has insisted on sleeping with the fan on. It's a special super power.

Sarahlynn said...

We haven't used a monitor with Ada, but we used for forever with Ellie. And, as you know, her nursery was right across the hall! A very narrow hall! I kept it turned up so loudly that the nursery clock was louder in our room than in hers, and I could hear her breathing.

Congrats on the big move. I hope that for you - as for us - this means better sleep for all.

I feel really bad, though, that we were the cause of the change!