Thursday, June 07, 2007

Update on the Progress

Went to the doctors office yesterday and found out that things are progressing nicely. So nicely, in fact, that we have assurance that Abby will be born in the next FIVE DAYS!!!

Because everything is in order as far as both Anny and Abby are concerned, if contractions start, we're heading over to the hospital.

If contractions don't start, though, we have scheduled to have an induction on Tuesday morning. Abby is full term, already weighing in at between 7 1/2 and 8 pounds. Anny is ready.

So - one way or another, by next week at this time, I'll be a real father! "Raising a critter on the outside" as Natalie puts it!

Any last-minute advice?

**Updated Baby Pool is available. Click the LARGE Yellow box on the right with the teddy bear on it!**

6 comments:

sbsterling said...

I can't believe it! Woo hoo!

wmgirl412 said...

we can't wait to meet her!

paulboal said...

I love the chart at the top of page right now:

"My Mommy is bigger than a house, has hemorrhoids, and the runs. She's threatening legal action if I don't come out soon."

Isn't pregnancy a beautiful thing? What great memories.

Rob Monroe said...

Nobody has commented on the ticker in a while and it's been just as....interesting for a while. I've gotten calls and emails about this one!

Anonymous said...

I think that ticker is hilarious! I'm a Momx2 and wish I'd thought of that! I can't wait to meet ACee Monroe!

Sarahlynn said...

I see no box with the poll, but if Anny gets an epidural with the pitocin, I'd put the birth at about 7 hours after the drip starts. If she decides to tough out the pitocin contractions sans epidural, I'd move that back to 12 hours after the drip starts (because they can crank up the pit higher if they're not worried about Anny's pain).

My advice for labor: don't rush, try to relax as much as possible (hah!) and allow your body to go as slowly as it needs to so that it's ready for the baby to come.

That was for Anny. For Rob, my advice is to not have any sense of self at all from the moment the labor starts until, hmm, about 6 weeks later. Just be there for her (but not in the way Monica suggested to Joey) anticipating her needs as much as possible.

Final advice: tell the nurses exactly what kind of experience you're hoping to have, and they will help you. A good nurse makes all the difference in the world.

You guys are going to do great. And Abby is going to be wonderful. And if Carol's late, that's OK; you don't need help for your first two days in the hospital anyway. : )