Sunday, June 10, 2007

Our Last "Responsiblity Free" Weekend

So the question that we have been getting a lot for the last few days is "how are you spending your last responsiblity free weekend??!"

Honestly, just like we've spent many-a-weekend in the last month or so - at home. We've put the final touches on some cleaning around the house. Worked to get the guest room ready for Anny's mom, who arrives tomorrow (Monday) afternoon.

We did spend Saturday a.m. at a community yard sale in Columbia that my SIL organized. Very hot outside, but a very nice day overall. Good people, and we made some money too.

In the afternoon we caught a movie, which was the point that I actually realized that it was the last movie pre-baby. They we picked up a huge white pizza from Mama Lucias, and again I had the "last" thought! I'm okay with those thoughts, because that means Abby will be here soon.

Today we caught up with folks at church, then headed up to Columbia to see Chase the cute baby. (Pics at her moms site: www.neurosesgalore.com!) At home again we did some vacuuming and are catching up on some cooking shows. All about the new ideas for dinners!

Tomorrow I'll head to work in the morning to catch up with one of my bosses who has been in Italy for the last 14 days. We'll see if he came home, I guess! I'll leave before lunch to spend the rest of the day with my sweetie.

All in all it was a normal weekend for us, with some extra touches thrown in. In less than 48 hours I should be a dad!

3 comments:

Lis said...

Whoah, 48 hours in counting. That's intense. I just saw "Knocked Up" this weekend, ** Spoiler Alert ** and they included a scene where you actually see footage of a baby's head "crowning." Holy crap, good luck.

sbsterling said...

Tomorrow is Tuesday! I can't believe it's here already!

Sarahlynn said...

Eagerly awaiting news . . .

Adam and Lisa just had their baby tonight! 1 hour of labor, culminating in a healthy baby boy born into a birthing pool in their kitchen.