Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Good Song when having a Daughter

So I've been looking for songs to add to a Baby Shower Playlist that I'm making for Ye Olde' Ipod. It's fun to see what things come up when you search the web or iTunes.

Anyway, I found a song by Rodney Atkins called "Cleaning This Gun (Come on in Boy)" that I think is necessary since we're having a girl.

Here's the chorus:

Come on in boy sit on down
And tell me about yourself
So you like my daughter do you now?
Yeah we think she's something else
She's her daddy's girl
Her momma's worldShe deserves respect
That’s what she'll get
Ain’t it son?
Hey y'all run along and have some fun
I'll see you when you get back
Bet I’ll be up all night
Still cleanin' this gun

Now the gun that's in our house is a civil-war era musket that has probably not worked in over 100 years, but can't you just see me sitting on the couch giving this speech in 20 years? (When she's allowed to date, that is!)

(For full lyrics, click HERE)

5 comments:

SarahKM126 said...

You have to add "Fireflies" by Faith Hill to your playlist. It ALWAYS reminds me of little girls!

sbsterling said...

My dad actually chased a guy out of our house with a shotgun once... ah, good times.

Mary said...

"I loved her first" by Heartland and "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw (if you like country) oh and of course, "Butterfly Kisses" ... I forget who sings it.

Sarahlynn said...

My dad used to sit in his chair with the cordless phone on his belly, finger on the "talk" button, just waiting for a boy to call. There was no possible way to beat him to answering the phone, and his booming preacher voice "HELLO" was intimidating indeed. He didn't even need the gun!

Anonymous said...

"Arms wide open" by Creed always gives us goosebumps and brings tears to our eyes. I played for him when we found out we were going to have a baby. He is five years old now and the song still mekes us react with such emotion.