Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Halfway There

**Okay, I've realized that I am neglecting the "Abby Blog" of our set.  It's not on purpose.  Right now, Abby is much more a part of MY life than some other being that I am studying.  Please check out my blog at rob.mdmonroes.com for more regular updates - they're often just part of other stories.  I'm contemplating the future of the "Abby" blog.  Will be in touch about that.**

Posted from my other blog:
Okay, after seven months of pushing, prodding and little success, Abby Roe has begun to use the potty!  She's still stuck on the #2 side of things, but the progress that has been made is being considered a win in our happy little home.

Because our journey was long - and hard sometimes - I wanted to share with you some of the lighter side stuff.  Now realize that this is only funny in retrospect and each ranked on a scale of beyond-annoying to this-side-of-angry, but perspective changes when you child goes from diapers to "No, I will do it by myself Dally" in the span of ten days.

As an important piece of info - we decided to just go the diaper-less route for a day or two to facilitate her training.  We tried this in June. And July. And August. And so on...  So, enjoy some of our frustration:

I'll Be Right Back
One morning Anny told Abby "I'm going to put the laundry away and when I come back we'll sit on the potty for a minute, okay?"  Abby gleefully exclaimed "OKAY!"  Once Anny turned the corner you can guess what Abby did.

Yes, she is so stubborn that she needed to go but refused to participate so much that she let loose on the floor in a 30 second span.

Not That Kind of Wii, Sweetie
While Anny was out I had Abby diaper-free.  We did the normal "talk" about when you need to potty, let me know and I'll get you there, but we're going to sit on the potty in fifteen minutes.  Wow did that story become routine.  When I took a minute to myself to go to the potty I came out to an agitated Abby - doing the "I have pee on my socks" dance.  As it would turn out, Abby was looking out of one of our big windows while standing on my WiiFit Board when she unleashed her whiz. 

She Wee-Wee's on my Wii.  It was immediately bleach cleaned and I haven't been on it since.  Just weirds me out a little bit.

No Laughing Matter (i.e. the TMI part for non-parent-types)
We're still a bit stumped on the poop front.  She refused for the whole weekend - which is a huge concern in my book.  Looks like we may change up what we give her for dinner and snack when she's home.  More fruits, less fruit snacks.  I would say "I'll keep you updated" but I hope that it's a matter that goes away quietly and you never hear about again, unless it's of particular humor.  Or grossness. 

So please, take a moment to laugh at us.  Now we can really say that we are laughing with you, because NOW it is funny.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Potty training is the pits! I can't believe she wee wee'd on your Wii!