Monday, July 09, 2007

Some Success in the Pink Battle

We have had some success in the battle to have some colors in our life. Colors other than pink, that is.

I will admit publically now, though, that I hesitate to take her out in just a blue onesie. All to often people think she's a boy. We have a blue and white dress/skirt thingy that helped, but I have decided that she can wear pink socks whenever we go out to keep people straight. Even the outfits that we have with other colors (see below) have pink in them, so they match!

From July 2007

We had a few adventures over the weekend, but nothing too wild. Farmers Market and Babies R Us are old hand for her now. We did end up at Franklins last night as our favorite eatery has closed without our knowledge. Very sad. Franklins was nice, though, especially since we had company. It may become our go-to place with visitors now, though it is a really loud on Friday and Saturday nights.

This week we have Anny's Dad with us until Wednesday, than my mom and sister are coming in Friday night for the weekend. Lots of fun times!

2 comments:

sbsterling said...

Apparently it doesn't matter what you dress your baby in. Until she has long hair everyone will guess boy. Maybe you'll be luckier than I. I just hope I don't snap and haul off and hurt someone one of these days.

Lis said...

I just checked out some more of your pictures. Abby continues to be so freakin cute. I like the one where you're holding her like a football and she's fast asleep.

It must be annoying that people keep calling her a boy. When I was 1 I had duckling down for hair and it stuck up all over my head. My mom said that everyone who saw me would say, "It looks like she just stuck her figure in a light socket." And my mom was like, "Stop saying that, or she'll do it!" And actually... one day I did.