Sunday, January 14, 2007

"Feeling" Pregnant

Despite the fact that I have been especially tired for three months or that I am beginning to watch my belly grow, I don't have all the terrible "symptoms" of being pregnant. No real morning sickness - I was just nauseas around strong smells; I have always been a little constipated, but now it is a little bit worse; and aches and pains that are easily understandable since the cold weather and dark winter have kept Rob and I from our regular walks. But recently something has started that I have not heard of anyone else ever mention as a "side effect" of pregnancy; when I get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, I cannot get back to sleep. Last night was the worst, I woke up at 2 a.m. and didn't fall back to sleep until 4 or 4:30 after having gotten up and watched part of an old 80s movie in the recliner and then I only slept for 30 minutes or so at a time presumably because the TV was still on and it was waking me up.

After how much Rob and I went through to actually become pregnant, the little discomforts have seemed insignificant and at times almost enjoyable. It is much more exciting to talk about a sore back and needing to eat more bran than it is to discuss the bruises on my thighs and arms from all the needles.

1 comment:

Sarahlynn said...

Yes! I think that's probably why my friend Lisa never complained during her first pregnancy. (Compared to the needles and suppositories, she didn't mind the pregnancy woes so very much.)

I hear you on the sleeping. My sister feels the same way. Niether of us sleeps very well or deeply, or for very long at a stretch. Alas. Perhaps we're being prepared for life after baby is born?