Saturday, January 13, 2007

Boot Camp for New Dads!

http://www.bcnd.org/index.php

Boot Camp for New Dads sounds like fun! There's lots of stuff out there for the ladies that are actually with child, but what about those of us in this that are men! I have two fathering books, but the idea of getting info from guys who are currently going through the craziness of the first three months of baby sounds like a much better time then reading!

There are not any Boot Camps around here. Oh well. Maybe I should call them and start a chapter somewhere close?

For now, I'm going back to my books.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been to a form of a bootcamp, and I have to say, that I would have rather done that, then what I had to go through. I think that sounds like a great idea.

Sarahlynn said...

There's a new dads group that meets at a local maternity support center/resale shop near here. It's an off-shoot of the nursing mom's group. I think it's a great idea, and firmly believe that if Paul had managed to find a group like this for himself, we might not be in the mess we're in now . . . Which is not to suggest that I think you're headed for the same place(!). I just mean that I think it's healthy to be with others who are going through the same experiences you are. I've certainly *loved* my nursing group, mom's group, playgroups, book clubs, etc. for that reason.