Saturday, November 11, 2006

Telling "Nana"

Yes, this is the pregnant lady's first post, but when you're this tired all the time... So we finally (already?) told my mom and dad. Because they live in Wyoming, we sent them a cute card with a diaper on the front and inside it said "Someone new is on the way! Congratulations!"

Underneath I wrote "We have been keeping a secret. Hope you will come visit us in June." It arrived in Wyoming last night and of course, mom called and was crying. Even dad couldn't wait for his turn and got on the other phone to congratulate us. It is great finally being able to talk to her about being pregnant. I do feel like we've been lying to everyone for a month. But after talking to mom and dad, I called my brother Paul to let them know. Mom's biggest concern was if it was OK that our baby call her Nana too. When our niece, Ellie, was born, Mom asked to be called Nana not to be confused with her other Gramma. And we decided it would be less confusing if all the grandchildren called her Nana (of course, my dad thought she was nuts to be thinking of such little details ;)

We tell Rob's family in about ten days at Thanksgiving and then I think I will let everyone else figure it out as my figure changes.

No comments: