Tuesday, February 24, 2009

She Had the Strangest Dream...

It is my assumption that Abby had a bizarre dream last night.  That's the only explaination that I can come up with.  Here's my story...

Last night Anny went up to church for her month Women's Group gathering where they talk about boys and stuff.  (Not really, but that is what I say!)  That meant that Abby and I got to spend some quality time together playing and reading books and such. 

At bath time something happened, though I don't know what, that made her mood change from "this is fun" to "get me the hell out of this water or you'll pay!"  Nothing happened in the water, and I could not get her to tell me what hurt.  I'm guessing that she's just crazy. 

After getting her into her PJ's, through tears, we sat down for our daily dose of Signing Time on the DVR.  She cuddled really close for the first half, and I pried her off during the latter half to get some other things taken care of.  Part of getting her to sit on her own was to give her the famous Purple Hat.  It seems to be in every other picture on our Flickr Site because she wears it all the time.

270/365 Fashion Icon?

I had to take the hat away before bed time, of course. That went over okay and with very little notice, really.

Then came 2:30 this morning. With everyone sound asleep, we were awoken to hear "PURPLE" being yelled from Abby's Room. Then "HAT!"  That was followed by "PURPLE HAT?!"  Anny got up and assured her that the purple hat was okay and that it was time for sleep, not hats. 

I am assuming that she was having some sort of dream about her beloved purple hat, but can't ask her what was going on because she has no clue it even happened!

When she got up at 5:15 and we went out for our breakfast time, she very quickly found her purple hat and they were united once again. 

Weird.

3 comments:

natalie said...

Awesome. Sorry y'all all had to wake up that early in the morning, but it's a pretty funny story.

Talking about boys at the women's group? Of course...

Becca said...

Oh, that is so funny! I'm sure she dreamed about it. Samantha wakes up in the morning saying, "Caillou!" That's her obsession du jour. I think she talks in her sleep sometimes, because I'll hear her say "No!" in typical 2-year old fashion, out of the blue. Glad Abby's purple hat was safe and sound!

Jen @ Rolling Through Looneyville said...

Ooof! That's EARLY! (Please tell me that's not the norm... )

Bean started having dreams right about this age. Hers? About a tiger that lived in teh corner of the room. (Gathered over the course of several night dreamings). Scared a bit though... that was NO fun.