Thursday, January 08, 2009

18 Months Old!

Okay, here we are less than a week from Abby's 19 month mark, and I'm just getting around to celebrating 18 months.... I swear it's not all my fault!

Because of our trips and schedules and plans, Abby did not have her 18 month Well Baby Visit until last week.  At the visit she got two shots, one in each arm, as well as the regular check up.

She's doing really well as far as height and weight go.  She's a whopping 25 pounds (60th Percentile) and 32.5 inches (75th Percentile).  What that means is that her height has balanced out her weight over the course of learning to walk and run.  She's on the tall side, but that does not mean she will be tall later on necessarily. 

Abby also continues to delight learning new words, and honing in on the words that she has jumbled in the past.  We're always delighted to hear "mama... dada" when I'm not around, and visa versa.  She knows that we all belong together.  She still does not say "Abby" clearly, but understands who she is in pictures and mirrors. 

Unfortunately for me she can already figure out when I'm making up words for books.  She tends to latch on to one book at a time, which bores ME!  I know, I know, it's not about me.  But you don't understand, there are only so many times that I can bark like a dog at the right part without going hoarse. 

In a book that our friend Elise gave Abby for Christmas, after her travels to meet-and-greet with real penguins in Antartica, there is on spot that I "helped" Anny with one day.  Something about "these penguins like to eat...FISH!"  My help was adding emphasis to "fish" and now she will force Anny to pause so that I can be included.  It's adorable, and a little weird that she's that detail oriented after just one instance!

She's a handful, but a good handful.  (Remember, evan cash can come in handfuls!)

3 comments:

Jen @ Rolling Through Looneyville said...

Oh the repeating of the books! Ack! We're still in that phase... most currently with Sad Monster, Glad Monster. (Very cute, btw). At least as they grow the books get more words. :)

We're struggling with the weight gain around here... For C, not me. :) Yay for Abby growing!

paulboal said...

It took Ada forever to say her name regularly. Until very recently, she usually referred to herself as "Ellie."

paulboal said...

Uh, that was Sarahlynn. Apparently I'm logged in as Paul and too lazy to do anything about it.