Friday, February 22, 2008

Why I am a Jealous Dad

Okay, it happened again yesterday. Abby was home sick (not homesick, very different issue) and I got to spend the day with her. I adore my time with my daughter, and enjoy spending as much of my day as possible with the both of them.

However, I am a jealous dad sometimes.

Anny is a teacher, so when Abby is out of school, Anny is. They spend the day playing, and sometimes visit me at the office. I am almost always at work. Abby is healthy and not fussy on those days.

I get the day alone with her only when she's sick and fussy. Not Fair.

I am at work and they are at home on a snow day again today.

Okay, no more griping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you feel that way :(
She'll always know that you're there for her when she need you the most though.
Love you!!
~Michelle

Our New Baby said...

I am sure that I will feel the same. It is interesting that your wife is a teacher both my wife and myself are both teachers. I hope you enjoyed the snow day. Where do you live again?